SRX Bursting Disc Scored, Reverse-Acting, Low Burst Pressure
The reverse-acting, SRX bursting disc has a cross scored design for use with vapour services only. It offers a superior service life in heavy pulsating and cyclic duty, and performs reliably under less than ideal installation conditions.
- The score configuration controls the disc opening and enables the disc to burst without fragmentation.
- Effective when used to isolate Safety Relief Valves
- Will sustain process operating pressures as high as 90% of the stamped disc rating
- Withstands full vacuum, or back pressure service in magnitudes equivalent to the stamped burst pressure.
- Special seating configuration allows this bursting disc to perform reliably, even under less than ideal installation conditions.
- All manufacturing ranges are below the specified burst pressure
- Materials of construction include: 316/316L SST, Inconel®, Monel®, Nickel, and Hastelloy®. Protective coatings such as fluoropolymer and polyurethane are available to enhance corrosion resistance.
- Effective in VALVEGUARD protection of expensive Pressure Relief Valves and Safety Relief Valves
|Design||Scored, Reverse-acting, Low Burst Pressure|
|Size Range||25 – 600 mm||1 – 24 in|
|Burst Pressure Range||1.9 – 49.7 BARG||27 -720 PSIG||1.9 – 50.62 KG/CM2|
|Tolerances||± 5% except 2.7 BARG and below which is 0.14 BARG||± 5% except 40 PSIG and below which is ± 2 PSIG|
- Geothermal Plants
- Geothermal Piping
- Liquid-Vapor Separators
- Acidic/Corrosive Service
- Heat Exchangers